- Service of Lessons and Hymns for Palm/Passion Sunday during worship April 14 at 10 a.m. This year our readings focus on the Gospel of Matthew and we will include the singing of many hymns.
- Maundy Thursday Soup and Bread Dinner with Communion Service at Table, April 18 at 6 p.m. Come join your friends for a soup and bread dinner provided for you followed by the celebration of communion at table.
- Good Friday: A Time of Prayer and Reflection, April 19 from Noon – 3 p.m. Our Sanctuary will be open for anyone who would like a quiet place for individual prayer and reflection.
- FPCU Hosts the TAC Easter Sunrise Service on the shore of Cayuga Lake, Sunday, April 21 at 7 a.m. at the North Point Pavilion at Taughannock State Park of Cayuga Lake. The service is inside the pavilion and there will be a fire but please dress warmly if the weather is cold.
- FPCU’s Easter Service in Town, Sunday, April 21 at 10 a.m. Our Easter Worship Service here in the FPCU sanctuary will be one of celebration and we hope you will invite your friends to attend with you. We will be taking Easter off from our regular Sunday schedule of weekly Fellowship Breakfasts and Sunday Studies so that we can focus on Easter Worship.
April 21, 2019 – Easter
We hope you will join us for worship each week. Here is some information that you might like to have about this week’s 10 a.m. worship service.
Scripture: Matthew 28:1-10 (p. 911, Pew Bible)
Focus Scripture – Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” And they came to him, took hold of his feet, and worshiped him. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid; go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.” (Matthew 28:9-10)
Message: Easter: Matthew
Theme: The women claimed their mission from a risen Christ with fear and great joy.
Hymns We Will Sing:
*HYMN #250 “In the Bulb There Is a Promise” (PROMISE)
*HYMN #245 “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today!” (LLANFAIR)
HYMN #246 “Christ Is Alive!” (TRURO)
Prayer of the Day: God of resurrection, you fill our grieving, doubting hearts with the light of your new life. Send us forth in joy to proclaim your good news to all whom we encounter, for the sake of Jesus our risen savior. Amen.
Leave a Reply