Join Us This Fall for Spirit Filled Sundays!
- 8 a.m. Sanctuary open for individual prayer and meditation
- 8:30 a.m. Fellowship Breakfast
- 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Nursery Care provided
- 9 a.m. Sunday Studies – Children, Youth & Adult Classes
- 9:15 a.m. Choir Practice
- 10 a.m. Worship
- 11 a.m. Coffee with Friends
- 11:15 a.m. Bell Choir Practice
1 Timothy 2:1–7
Read 1 Timothy 2:1–7 in an age appropriate Bible or story Bible.
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions,
and thanksgivings be made for everyone…”
This week the writer of the letter to Timothy teaches about prayer and
encourages the readers to pray for everyone, particularly those in positions of authority. The letter tackles a difficult dilemma facing the church at that time. Should they pray for Roman authorities whose emperor
opposed Jesus’ teachings and demanded to be honored as a god?
In a time of persecution, the author encourages the church to pray for all
political leaders no matter who they serve, so that all might live in peace
and experience God’s saving love.
Something to think about, talk about, or do:
- For whom do you pray regularly?
- Think about the people in the world who are in need of prayers for healing, justice, peace, security.
- Where and in what ways might you be an answer to your prayers?
- Talk together about how you can be an answer to prayer.