Join Us This Fall for Spirit Filled Sundays!
- 8 a.m. Sanctuary open for individual prayer and meditation
- 8:30 a.m. Fellowship Breakfast
- 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. Nursery Care provided
- 9 a.m. Sunday Studies – Children, Youth & Adult Classes
- 9:15 a.m. Choir Practice
- 10 a.m. Worship
- 11 a.m. Coffee with Friends
- 11:15 a.m. Bell Choir Practice
Reflections for Sunday, September 15, 2013
Read 1 Timothy 1:12–17 in an age appropriate Bible or story Bible,
“I am grateful to Christ Jesus who has strengthened me, having judged me faithful and appointed me to serve.”
The letter of Timothy retells the story of Paul and his encounter with the
risen Christ. Written from Paul’s perspective, the letter talks about
the ways in which this experience changed the apostle’s life. The writer
knows that Paul was not deserving of God’s understanding, yet God is loving.
This is grace and it is the catalyst for transformation and growth. Once
full of cruelty and hatred Paul is transformed from one who tried to quash
the good news of Jesus to one who proclaims it. How wonderful to know
that God never gives up on us. Like Paul we are free to grow in God’s love.
Something to think about, talk about, or do:
- Get out family photograph albums and note the many different ways family members have grown and changed over the years. Talk about some of the invisible, internal changes as well.
(Seasons of the Spirit™ Wood Lake Publishing)