• Sloth is another of the “deadly sins.” Is sloth defined simply as being lazy? If so, how does being lazy lead to mortal sin? Those who study the scripture believe that sloth is more than just feeling lazy – it is chronic spiritual indifference and not caring for others. Sloth keeps us from enjoying life and being roused to creative activity for the good of one’s self and others. It is considered by some to be the “worst” of sins because so many other sins flow from it. What are the causes of sloth? How does society perpetuate sloth? How do churches perpetuate sloth? How can we move from sloth/spiritual sluggishness to caring? Please join us for a discussion of this issue that permeates our society and many churches today. This class meets on the stage and is facilitated by Marvin Pritts.
• Romans (2 sessions) by Sue Garrett. We will reflect on Oct. 16 & 23 on what Paul was trying to accomplish in this letter, and how it might speak to the church today. This class meets in the Lange Room and is facilitated by Pam Postle.
- TCNS Parent Meeting October 17, 2017 at 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- TCNS October 18, 2017 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- TCNS Baby Story Time October 18, 2017 at 10:30 am – 11:30 am Nursey
- Bulletin and E-News Deadline October 18, 2017 at 12:00 pm – 12:00 pm Please send any announcements for the Sunday worship bulletin or weekly e-news to the church office at (FPCUlysses@gmail.com). If items arrive after that time, they will be announced in church on Sunday morning.
Hours & Directions
Please join us on Sunday mornings:
9:10 Sunday Studies
9:15 Choir Practice
11 Coffee Hour
11:15 Bell Choir Practice
If you are visiting or are new to the area, we would like to especially welcome you to join us for worship.
First Presbyterian Church of Ulysses
69 East Main Street
P.O. Box 597
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Map & Directions
Contact us with your comments, questions, or items for this web site.