• Sloth is another of the “deadly sins.” Is sloth defined simply as being lazy? If so, how does being lazy lead to mortal sin? Those who study the scripture believe that sloth is more than just feeling lazy – it is chronic spiritual indifference and not caring for others. Sloth keeps us from enjoying life and being roused to creative activity for the good of one’s self and others. It is considered by some to be the “worst” of sins because so many other sins flow from it. What are the causes of sloth? How does society perpetuate sloth? How do churches perpetuate sloth? How can we move from sloth/spiritual sluggishness to caring? Please join us for a discussion of this issue that permeates our society and many churches today. This class meets on the stage and is facilitated by Marvin Pritts.
• Romans (2 sessions) by Sue Garrett. We will reflect on Oct. 16 & 23 on what Paul was trying to accomplish in this letter, and how it might speak to the church today. This class meets in the Lange Room and is facilitated by Pam Postle.
Hours & Directions
Please join us on Sunday mornings:
8:30 Fellowship Breakfast
9:10 Sunday Studies for Children and Youth, k-12th grade, and Adults
9:15 Choir Rehearsal
11 Coffee Hour
11:15 Bell Choir
If you are visiting or are new to the area, we would like to especially welcome you to join us for worship.
First Presbyterian Church of Ulysses
69 East Main Street
P.O. Box 597
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Map & Directions
Contact us with your comments, questions, or items for this web site.
- AA Meeting February 23, 2019 at 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- Sunday Schedule: No Breakfast, 9:10 Sunday Studies, 9:15 Choir, 10 Worship, 11 Congregational Brunch, 11:15 Chapel Bell Ringers Rehearsal February 24, 2019 at 9:00 am – 12:30 pm FPCU Chapel and Sanctuary
- TCNS February 25, 2019 at 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- AA and Al-Anon Meeting February 25, 2019 at 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm